Purpose and Objective:
* “INSIDE OUT” has a mission focused on striving to be as vibrant as
Jesus presented himself and inviting the participants to share in Jesus’ vibrancy.
* Letting the Jesus Story that is in each of us to be shared with others,
by learning to live authentic, creative, caring, and empathetic lives.
* “INSIDE OUT” is modeled after Jesus’ ministry.
Jesus went where the people were
before they started coming to where he was.
* INSIDE OUT will serve as a community connected to the larger
community of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. (GSLC)
* The format of the gathering will have a design similar to the Biblical ‘Clan’ model.
The model of the ‘Biblical Clan’ provides for the two communities to see themselves as one, yet distinct in how they proclaim the gospel, worship, and fellowship.
* GSLC’s traditional ministries will be able to embrace INSIDE OUT and
vice versa as they work symbiotically toward the following goals:
i. Connecting INSIDE OUT with the mainline portion of the
worshiping & fellowship community of GSLC.
ii. Reaching others with the Gospel Message of Jesus the Christ.
iii. Empowering the participants in the gathered
Christian Community to grow in Faith.
iv. Enabling the community to share their Faith with others
v. Equipping the community to build up the body of Christ
and increase the ‘Faith Clan’ for Christ.
vi. Being present with others as Christ was and is present with His Church today.
vii. Caring as Christ cared for the disenfranchised.
* Inside Out first met on February 10, 2019, at Pines Christian School
in Lomita. We outgrew our space at Pines and are
now meeting at Good Shepherd.
* We will use social media (text, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc...) as well as word of mouth to invite individuals to participate in our startup Mission.
* Participants will be invited to text, email, Snapchat, Tweet,
concepts, ideas, & topics for the upcoming weeks.
* Once we have a core of 30 participants, we hope to meet weekly, with an expectation to meet in different locations.
* The gathering will provide a Faith-Based Theme addressing current issues in the lives of the participants, discussion, prayer, activity, other….
* The goal is to have the “INSIDE OUT” participants worship at Good Shepherd once a month with a ‘Koinonia’ Meal (community potluck meal),
celebrating the 'Last Supper Meal' as Jesus reminded us to do when we gather together in His name and have time for planning for
future meetings, locations, and themes.
This would preferably be scheduled for the last Sunday of the month.