Purpose and Objective:
* “INSIDE OUT” has a mission focused on striving to be as vibrant as
Jesus presented himself and inviting the participants to share in Jesus’ vibrancy.
* Letting the Jesus Story that is in each of us to be shared with others,
by learning to live authentic, creative, caring, and empathetic lives.
* “INSIDE OUT” is modeled after Jesus’ ministry.
Jesus went where the people were
before they started coming to where he was.
* INSIDE OUT will serve as a community connected to the larger
community of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. (GSLC)
* The format of the gathering will have a design similar to the Biblical ‘Clan’ model.
The model of the ‘Biblical Clan’ provides for the two communities to see themselves as one, yet distinct in how they proclaim the gospel, worship, and fellowship.
* GSLC’s traditional ministries will be able to embrace INSIDE OUT and
vice versa as they work symbiotically toward the following goals:
i. Connecting INSIDE OUT with the mainline portion of the
worshiping & fellowship community of GSLC.
ii. Reaching others with the Gospel Message of Jesus the Christ.
iii. Empowering the participants in the gathered
Christian Community to grow in Faith.
iv. Enabling the community to share their Faith with others
v. Equipping the community to build up the body of Christ
and increase the ‘Faith Clan’ for Christ.
vi. Being present with others as Christ was and is present with His Church today.
vii. Caring as Christ cared for the disenfranchised.
* Inside Out first met on February 10, 2019, at Pines Christian School
in Lomita. We outgrew our space at Pines and are
now meeting at Good Shepherd in San Pedro.
* We will use social media (text, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc...) as well as word of mouth to invite individuals to participate in our ministry.
* Participants are invited to text, email, Snapchat, Tweet,
concepts, ideas, & topics for the upcoming weeks.
* One of our goals is to meet the needs of our immediate community by meeting at other locations in the community, such as Cabrillo Beach, Peck Park, etc...
* The gathering will provide a Faith-Based Theme addressing current issues in the lives of the participants, discussion, prayer, activity, other….
* “INSIDE OUT” participants gather at Good Shepherd every other Sunday.
It is our hope, once the Covid dynamic diminishes, that we will attempt to meet as the Spirit moves us, to have a ‘Koinonia’ Meal (community potluck meal), similar to
celebrating the 'Last Supper Meal' as Jesus did in scripture.
It is our hope that we can embrace the profound acts of Faith by emulating how Jesus and His followers responded to the needs of their community
and built relationships one person at a time!